Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Swim Lessons





A couple of weeks ago while Jordan was in Peru, the boys and I were down in Waco for Jayden to take his first ever swim lessons. My dear friend Joy has taught swimming lessons from her parents pool for 20+ years - so it was nice to have someone so dear to me to be teaching him. Several of my siblings and my cousins learned from Ms. Joy and Ms.Allison so it was fun for Jayden to join in this tradition.
I was super impressed with what they did with the kids. Jayden had no clue how to swim before going to school, and after 8 - 40 minute lessons - he is able to swim from one person to another with his head under the water. (don't get me wrong - he doesn't have any strokes and it doesn't look great - but he is able to move from one place to another and know how to get around in the pool)
Thanks Joy & Allison for doing such a good job with Jayden. And thank you Mom & Dad for letting us invade your house for almost two weeks!

No comments: